Sunshine Weekly Weeder
VERNON BARKER RAISED BEDS -- Plumbing Workday
This Saturday, February 9th, starting at 9:00 AM
It's time to get some plumbing to the raised beds so the project can be completed before the plant sale.
Steven Uecker needs a couple people to help dig a trench and help get the plumbing in. Contact Steve if you would like to volunteer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling All Sunshine Gardeners
Our Annual Plant Sale will be held March 2, 2013. This is our most important fund raiser and requires a great many volunteers. There are several tasks that occur before and after the plant sale.
On the day of the sale there are two shifts:
AM from 8:30-11:30 and
PM from 11:30 to 2:30
Additionally, you also have the option of working the entire day or if you can only work overlapping shifts that is fine.
Jobs fall into the following categories:
Setting Up - This includes unloading and organizing plants
Tent Set Up
Please contact Ila Falvey ( email@example.com) to let her know what role you want to play in making this sale the most successful ever. Also, let her know the hours you want to work. Or, sign in on the signup sheets in the trailer. The signup shee include those gardeners who signed up. Please verify that they are correct, and thank you to everyone who has already signed up, or who will sign up.
SUNSHINE COMMUNITY GARDENS PLANT SALE - on FaceBook
Our Social Media is well underway for Sunshine Community Gardens Plant Sale 2013!
Let's all help promote the Sunshine Community Gardens Plant Sale through free social media and "word of net" advertising.
Here's how you can help:
1) If you are on FaceBook, please click "Join" on our event, https://www.facebook.com/events/122849841219315/?
2) Once you have joined, you can "Invite Friends" also at top right. That will open a dialog box where you can choose "Austin Area" under the "Search by Name."
3) You probably want to invite everyone under your Austin Area list right? Invite invite invite! Please don't invite out-of town folks who are not likely to come.
4) Please DON'T post comments on the event page at this time. If you do, everyone who has been invited to get an email about your comment. This can get annoying and cause people to decline the invitation. Don't worry, we will post updates and reminders in a timely fashion to keep folks interested.
5) Paste the URL of the event, https://www.facebook.com/events/122849841219315/? on your timeline.
Thanks everybody for helping out!
And thanks to Cedar Stevens for updating our FaceBook page.
SPRING PLANT SALE LISTS!
The Tomato, Pepper, Eggplant, and Tomatillo Lists for 2013 are now available on our website.
Judy Barrett's Homegrown February issue is now available online at www.homegrowntexas.com. Judy will be a speaker at the Plant Sale.
CONDOLENCES - SAD NEWS
Marilyn Guinn, long-time gardener of maybe 20 years at Sunshine, died January 25th. She gardened with her sister Susan Kramer next to Nancy Seibert's plot. Her garden was known for the rose bushes and zinnias she grew here, earlier by the tool shed, and even earlier by the South property line.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- BOARD MEETING -- Tuesday, February 12 - 6pm at Michael Halls's residence
- WORKDAY -- Saturday, February 23 - 11am - 2 pm
- ALL GARDENERS MEETING -- Saturday, February 23 - 10 am
- SPRING PLANT SALE -- March 2 - 9 am - 2 pm
Coordinators & Chairs
Zone 1, Jody Trendler - firstname.lastname@example.org
Zone 2, Katy Davis - email@example.com
Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov- firstname.lastname@example.org
Zone 4, Ila Falvey - email@example.com
Zone 5, Mary Gifford - firstname.lastname@example.org
Zone 6, Annik Jackson - email@example.com
Zone 7, Diana Dworaczyk - firstname.lastname@example.org
Zone 8, Felicia Kongable - email@example.com
Zone 9, Cheryl Hazeltine - firstname.lastname@example.org
Zone 10, Emily Tisinger - email@example.com
Plant Sale -Michael Hallfibercable@austin.rr.com
TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams - jartdaht@gmailcom<
Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter - email@example.com
Maintenance Coordinator - Ila Falvey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Coordinators - Kathleen Neville - email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder
To unsubcribe send a message to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunshine Community Gardens