Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
22 February 2018
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Thanks to All Who Participated
A new place for kids is now available and ready for use! Whole Kids Foundation provided the initial funding for the domed climber and Jim Willmann built the base to make sure it is safe. Jim had help from Steve Schulz, Jimmie Schneider, Jay Willmann, Robert Jarry, Steve Uecker and Tim Loughran in moving a water station, removing the dirt and installing the base. The playground is placed close to the trailer so that parents can relax on the porch while they supervise the activities. We believe that having facilities for kids will help inspire them to visit the garden with their parents and see how vegetables are grown. -- Carol Limaye
- Saturday, Feb 24 from 9 am-12 pm Workday
- Tuesday, Feb 27 starting at 1 pm: Help with plant deliveries for Plant Sale
- Wednesday, Feb 28 starting at 10 am: Help with plant deliveries for Plant Sale
- Friday, March 2 from 12 pm to Sunday March 4: No parking in the Garden because of the Plant Sale
- Friday, March 2 from 4:45 pm All Gardeners Meeting
- Friday, March 2 from 5 pm Plant Sale for Volunteers
- Saturday, March 3 from 9 am to 2 pm Sunshine's Annual Plant Sale
Last Push to Prep for Plant Sale!
- March 3rd is fast approaching, our annual plant sale, our sole fundraiser, our invitation to the public to visit our garden. It takes a lot of work to put on the event and we need everyone to help. Sign up at SignUp Genius.
- Come to the workdays on Saturday morning, February 24th, to prepare the garden.
- Take care of your plot and the area around it as we are a showcase for community gardens.
- Most importantly tell your friends and your strangers about the sale using all of the means you have at your disposal. Where else can people find our diversity of organic vegetable starts, our herb selection, our passalongs, garden themed vendors, and compost all accompanied by music? You can also download a version of the poster/cards to distribute.
- There will be an All Gardener's Meeting on Friday, March 2, at 4:45 just prior to the plant sale for volunteers at 5PM. Please do not drive in for this sale: no parking in the garden after noon on March 2nd.
- For additional information about the sale, check with Janet Adams
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney email@example.com
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Jasmine Baker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Wayne Kuenstler email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder