Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
18 January 2018
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Winter Bounty II, from Farm to Table
Last weekend, Kathleen Neville harvested a number of winter greens from her plot while preparing for the freeze.
Her favorite recipe? It is quite simple: saute the (trimmed) greens in olive oil with garlic. Add a bit of balsamic vinegar, Parmesan and red pepper flakes. And to upgrade it a full meal: make little wells for gently cooking a few eggs.
Share you memories, ideas and food thoughts with your community members! If you have images of your favorite or specialty produce, please send the images and a short story or recipe to Kristin Phillips.
- Saturday, January 20, 10:30 am to 12 noon: Help Needed for Kids Climber Base. We need to move the dirt piles excavated from the climber base. The work will be shoveling the dirt into the front end loader of tractor so it can be moved temporarily to compost area. Please contact Jim Willmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tool Shed Assistance Needed from All
Thank you again to Bob Easter for organizing the tool shed so beautifully. Here's what we can all do to help maintain the space:
- Rocks damage the wheelbarrow trays, so please do not use them to haul rocks. Bob has repaired a couple of plastic wheelbarrows because of either rocks or cold weather. Steel wheelbarrows are much better at hauling rocks.
- The tools are organized in sections in the shed. All Digging forks are in one section, Straight (Bow) and Leaf rakes in another, hoes on a rack and shovels in another area. Bob added photos and signs to show how to hang each tool, so please put the tools back clean and in the right place.
- Sunshine had switched to welded steel handles to reduce damaged and broken handles.
- There is new sand around the tool cleaning area that helps with reducing muddy shoes.
- Please, please, please clean the tools that you use before returning them to the shed.
Planning for the Plant Sale
Please start advertising the 2018 Plant Sale! Fliers and cards are available in the trailer.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney email@example.com
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder