Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
2 November 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
SCG Gardeners Beer Social
Join fellow gardeners and community members for beer and pizza at Pinthouse Pizza. The event will be in the afternoon of November 9.
- Nov 9 from 4 pm Gathering at Pinthouse Pizza (4729 Burnet Rd) for the Sunshine Community
- Nov 28 from 10 am Free Organic Pest Control Class (The Natural Gardener). Neil Schmidt helps you identify common garden pests and how to treat for them.
- Dec 3 from 5:30 pm Sunshine Gardens Annual Holiday Party. Contact Ila Falvey to help with this event.
Starting Herbs for Spring Plant Sale
Sage, thyme, rosemary, oregano, lemongrass and lavender. Last weekend, Jennifer Woertz starting seedlings of each of these herbs in anticipation of the upcoming Spring Plant Sale. These herbs take at least 4 months to mature into something that can be sold.
If you would like to help, Jen is looking for 7 people who can each take a day to water seedlings. Also, other herbs will be started at the end of November if another person could volunteer for that task.
Amazing Papaya at Sunshine
The beautiful papaya fruit are ripening in a certain plot at Sunshine Community Gardens, and we all hope that the fruit is ready before the first freeze! Kudos to the tenacious gardener who got these small trees to flourish!
Please Move Stored Tomato Cages
The area west of the tool shed is not a storage area, please claim your tomato cages or they will be moved to the give away section.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney email@example.com
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder