Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
25 August 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
TSBVI Service Hour Tasks Needing To Be Performed
The recent rain has created an increased need that certain service hour tasks be performed. TSBVI hour tasks particularly needed are:
- Weeding granite pathways in TSBVI garden and raised beds west of parking lot
- Mowing and edging fence line along Sunshine Drive and 49th Street - both inside and outside of fence
Gardeners having some free time this weekend and still needing to complete their TSBVI service hour for the fall season are encouraged to perform these tasks.
This week's job is vital to all who use the trailer. Be the one who monitors and then goes to buy toilet paper, paper towels, plastic bags, dish soap and hand soap. You will turn in your receipts and be repaid.
Please contact Janet Adams at email@example.com if you are interested. I will show you what to do and how to do it.
Weed Your Garden
The garden has received lots of rain this month. After a soaking rain it is so much easier to remove Bermuda grass and other weeds. Now is the time to weed your garden!
All Gardeners Meeting 9/17 - Mark your calendar!
The next All Gardener Meeting will be Saturday, September 17, 10:00 am. Agenda will include site rule changes relating to plot compliance and the fall plant sale. Background on the site rule changes will be provided to members before the meeting, and the full agenda will be posted when finalized. Coffee, juice, and pastries will be provided.
The All Gardener meetings are a good time to meet and visit with your fellow gardeners, in addition to being more involved in the management of the garden. So mark your calendar to join your fellow gardeners on 9/17. If you have any topics you would like to see membership discuss, please contact Jeff Monks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Plant Sale Update
We have about 1,600 sprouts from our seed planting activity last week and more are coming up every day! We will have our first round of transplanting on Sunday at 11 AM. Please meet at the TSBVI greenhouse. Thanks to everyone who helped with the planting.
To see a list of all the interesting plants we will be selling go - here. Don't forget to tell all your gardening friends.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to email@example.com.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Jeff Monks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Jim Willmann email@example.com
- Secretary - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, vacant
- Zone 8, Irina Kadukova email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall email@example.com
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Micah 6 Coordinator - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 Coordinator - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder