Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
4 August 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Fall Plant Sale!
Fall plant sale seed planting will be on Wednesday August 10 starting at 6:30 pm. Meet at the picnic tables.
We still need volunteers. If you would like to volunteer complete this survey.
Mason Bees Update
The Mason Bees are happy at SCG. It looks like almost half the holes are already full. Our Mason Bee house was built and installed by Julie Morales as part of her Girl Scout Project.
Note the little bee with her butt sticking out as she builds her nest. Picture is also on the SCG web site picture page.
2016 Tomato Survey
Take the 2016 SCG tomato survey. Results will be shared. So far 6 gardeners have responded.
- Thursday - 3:00 pm
- Saturdays - 9:00 am
If you are available to assist with harvesting or delivering, please let Dana Kuykendall (firstname.lastname@example.org), 512.496.6575 or Mary Gifford (email@example.com), 512.453.9742 know if you can help in any way. Volunteer hours count towards service hours. More volunteers are needed!
Reminder - Wood Chips and Leaves Satellite Station
Gardeners on Sunshine's north end are reminded of the wood chips and leaves satellite station located in the first "drive-in" area west of the parking lot. As plots are cleared of spring crops, covering the plot with leaves is a good way to protect the soil and suppress weeds until plant fall crops. The satellite station has been set up on a trial basis to make Sunshine's supply of wood chips and leaves more convenient for gardeners on Sunshine's north end.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Jeff Monks email@example.com
- Vice President - Jim Willmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, vacant
- Zone 8, Irina Kadukova firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 Coordinator - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 Coordinator - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder