Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
26 February 2014
Plants, Plants, Plants !
Thursday 27th Feb. Calling all available gardeners from 9:00-10:00 am. We need to move plants from the hoop house into the tent.
Friday 28th Feb. Compost delivery is scheduled for Friday morning. We are pre-bagging as much as we can so if you are ready, willing, and able please show up after 10:00 am to pre-bag. Sunshine Gardeners can purchase compost by directly loading 5 gallons into a wheelbarrow and paying.
Saturday 1st March. There's still time to sign-up to help at the plant sale. There's a notebook in the trailer for you to sign-up.
Wear your Sunshine Gardens T-shirt to the sale if you have one.
If you have any volunteer questions - contact Ila
Spread the Word
Just three days until our Plant Sale and we need to get the word OUT.
Fire up your social media accounts and get the word out about the Sunshine Community Gardens Annual Plant sale Saturday March 1st from 9-2. If you belong to a listserv please make a post for the garden. Tell your Facebook friends about it. We don't want to have any plants left this year.
Many thanks in advance for all your help with our biggest fund raiser.
--From Your Plant Sale Coordinator.
Links to varieties to be included in the sale
Here is some important information about our plant sale.
- Thursday 27 Feb. We Receive the second truck load of plants at 2:00 pm (we need bodies to help unload the truck)
- Friday 28 Feb. There will be three deliveries of compost starting at 9:00 am (we need bodies to load bags for the sale)
- Friday 28 Feb. Exhibitor Move in from 9-5
- Saturday 1 March. Exhibitor Move in from 7-8:30
- Saturday 1 March. Music Move in from 7:30-9
- Saturday 1 March. Plant sale from 9-2
- Saturday 1 March. Consolidate plants after sale 3-5
- Monday 3 March. Tent Picked up at 9:00 am
Band schedule as follows
|1:00ish||Bob & Adrienne play us out...yee haw!|
Announcing Sunshine Community Gardens Forums
This site is a place where community garden members and friends of community gardens can meet and share gardening information with each other. It is free to sign up and free to use! You are welcome to exchange ideas, discuss challenges, ask questions, share resources, and make announcements. You can read the forums as a guest, but you have to log in to post.
There is a sideboard section on the right side of the main website showing recent posts. If you have problems, contact Sharon.
Save the Date
23 March, 2014. Sunday, at Sunshine Gardens
Wizzie Brown of Travis County Extension Service will talk about Fire and other ants.
Vegetables to plant in March
Early to mid-month: Beets, Collards, Turnips, Kohlrabi.
All month: Lettuce, Radish, Mustard
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Secretary (acting) - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Jack Reynolds email@example.com
- Director - Michael Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Zone 1, Jody Trendler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Jing Li firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Irina Kaducova email@example.com
- Zone 9, Cheryl Hazeltine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Margaret Powis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall email@example.com
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Stewart Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder