Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
4 February 2015
Our biggest fundraiser each year is the Spring Plant Sale, 7th March, 2015, and we need volunteers to help spread the word. This event helps the garden pay necessary bills and enables the garden sustain itself. We need help to get press releases out to as many suitable locales as possible.
You can help by:
- Please send us organic gardening sites in the Austin area you use on a regular basis. The goal is to send a Press Release to publications or organizations which have a large following and who will support our Plant Sale. We have already sent Press Releases to: Newspapers, TV, Central Texas Gardener, The Natural Gardener, and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Wheatsville. Bob Easter is our point person for publicity. Please send any sites you think will run an announcement to their members. Bob's email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a small invite announcement to your email list of
friends, family and co-workers. Please cut and paste
this announcement to your email:
Sunshine Community Garden Certified Organic Spring Vegetable Plant Sale starts at 9 A.M, March 7, 2015. 30,000 Hard to Find Tomatoes, Wicked Hot and Sweet Peppers, Eggplant, Herbs including recommended varieties for our area. Live Music, local vendors, and lots of fun. Bring the whole family. Inspect gardens, visit the chicken coop and take home some Lady Bug Compost.
- Attend your local neighborhood association meetings and announce the sale. It will be important to do this in February, as many of the March meetings will be held too late in March. We have contacted Allandale, Balcones Wood, Brentwood, Brykerwoods, Hyde Northwest Area, HydePark, Rosedale, Old West Austin, Wooten, North Shoal Creek, North University, West Austin, associations. Many of these associations have responded they will either announce the plant sale in the newsletter or their meeting. We can give you some short talking points to be sure and cover at the meeting. But, we must know in advance if you will attend. Please email Bob and let him know. email@example.com.
It's Never to Early to Start Planning your Summer Garden
The lists of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and tomatillo varieties on sale at the Spring Plant sale is now on the website. You can start choosing which varieties to plant right now. Just go to our website and on the left hand side are the lists.
To prepare the gardens for the Spring Plant Sale. There will be two work days before the sale. Saturdays 21st February and 28th February, Check the Weeder and the website for more information.
What to Plant in Late February
Asparagus crowns, Broccoli plants, Cabbage plants, Cauliflower Plants, Carrots, Chard, Onion Sets, Peas, Potatoes and Spinach.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Secretary - Ginny Heilman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Jack Reynolds email@example.com
- Director - Michael Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Director - vacant
- Zone 1, Jody Trendler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Jing Li firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Irina Kaducova email@example.com
- Zone 9, Cheryl Hazeltine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Margaret Powis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall email@example.com
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Stewart Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder