Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
11 January 2018
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Winter Bounty, from Farm to Table
Despite the recent hard freeze, plots at Sunshine continue to produce beautiful vegetables, including this cauliflower harvested from Kristin Phillips' unprotected garden.
What happened to this cauliflower? It immediately went into the soup pot with toasted almond flour, harissa paste and broth. Within 20 minutes, we had a quick Moroccan spiced lunch.
Share you memories, ideas and food thoughts with your community members! If you have images of your favorite or specialty produce, please send the images and a short story or recipe to Kristin Phillips.
- Saturday, January 13, 10 am: Volunteer to make Sunshine's Kid's Climber a reality! Please see below for more information
- Saturday, January 13, 10 am: Free class: Seeds, Saving and Starting from the Natural Gardener. This class is repeated on Tuesday, January 16 -- same time and location
Volunteers Needed for Kid's Climber Project
Many gardeners may have noticed the kid s climber behind the tool shed and wondered about its purpose. The answer is Sunshine is adding a play area with the climber between the office trailer and greenhouse, with the help of a grant from Whole Kids Foundation. However, before putting the climber in the play area, we need to build a base that will be a safe landing zone for the kids.
We will need 6 to 10 volunteers to help construct the base. For those interested, there will be an initial workday on Saturday, January 13 from 10 am to 12 noon to scope out the project and coordinate roles. After that, much of the work can be done on an individual basis as volunteers have time. We plan to use the tractor as much as possible, but some hand-digging will be required. Of course, any time contributed can be counted as service hours.
Gardeners wishing to volunteer but who can't make the workday on Saturday should email Jim Willmann at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to make the Garden more kid-friendly and any help is appreciated.
Planning for the Plant Sale - March 3rd, 2018
Please start advertising the 2018 Plant Sale! And plan ahead for your plot: Randy Thompson has posted all of the varieties list of vegetables for the 2018 plant sale!
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney email@example.com
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder