Minutes from Board Meeting, September 2, 2014
Members Present: Ila Falvey, Janet Adams, Kay McMurry, Jack Reynolds, Linda Francescone, Michael Hall, Ginny Heilman
- Discussed outstanding invoices for past season. Each gardener on list will be contacted by a board member.
- Reminder; TSBVI sale week of October 16. Sunshine volunteers will be called upon to help when transplants come in. TSBVI garden sign has been installed.
- Shirt design - have a lead on a company that will print them.
- Gate Repair - call backs continue to be a problem; Michael Hall will speak with someone he knows about getting the gate taken care of.
- Trailer maintenance - a committee will be formed to manage fixing the trailer. Michael Hall will talk to someone he knows about how to best proceed with this project.
- Discussed out of compliance plots.
- Sunshine Plant Sale - Michael has recruited a volunteer to help with the compost portion of the sale. Michael reported that the banner is being repaired and he is looking at ways to improve the flow of "traffic" through the sale and increase publicity.
- Micah 6 - Linda Francescone reported that Micah 6 volunteers are collaborating with Nicole Fischer to redesign the TSBVI gardens. Linda is working with other Micah 6 volunteers to develop a procedure so that produce can be harvested and shared with the food pantry when gardeners are out of town or simply have more than they need.
- Calendar for tours/visits to the garden - Linda Francescone is in charge of calendar and sends the information to Sharon Rempert to be posted on website.
- Compost - Janet Adams reports that we are getting 5-6 barrels of compost at a time from the restaurant we have an arrangement with and there's an odor problem and there's no more room for compostables from restaurants. Volunteers are needed to water the compost piles during dry weather.
- Jack Reynolds moved that the board create an education committee chaired by a board member. The committee will provide educational opportunities for gardeners and the community. Motion passed.
- Next board meeting is October 14.
- Meeting adjourned.